Saturday, July 31, 2010

Tea & Me

As a child, I hated tea. I believe that this hatred stemmed from my mother making me drink mint tea bags when I stayed home sick from school. Today, I work at two tea shops. One a corporate chain and the other a small independant shop.

DAVIDsTEA is opening it's first store in Calgary in one short week and I'm very excited to be a part of it.
I had heard of DAVIDs in passing but had never been until a few months ago. On a visit to Edmonton with some friends, I discovered the shop and immediately loved it - especially compared to other corporate shops that I am familiar with. Despite my ridiculous lack of spare time, when I saw that DAVIDs was opening a store in Calgary, I had to apply.
You can read about DAVIDsTEA here.

Elixir Fine Tea is the newest addition to the tea scene in Kensington, and it is very different from the rest of the tea houses in the city. We source tea from all over the world, and we pride ourselves on our unique selection of high quality loose leaf teas. We strive to stock teas that no one else carries! Some of our teas you can't find anywhere else in the country! Not only do we serve tea to go and sell our teas in bulk, but we feature a tea bar where we do tea tastings. At the tea bar, we brew our teas in the proper vessel (Japanese tea in the Japanese fashion/Chinese tea in the Chinese fashion & so on) and pair them with treats!
You can read more about Elixir Fine Tea here.

I drink tea for the taste and it really relaxes me. I don't drink tea because of it's many health benefits - but I sure wont say no to 'em! Since I discovered the wonderful world of loose leaf tea, I have strived to learn as much as possible. In the world of tea, there is always more to learn (and more to taste)!

My mission is simply to taste teas and share them with others!  I don't profess to be an expert but I want to share the experiences and knowledge that I do have!

No comments:

Post a Comment